A resume is a marketing brochure about you. It describes your skills, experience and your education. The purpose of an effective resume is to get you an interview.
Resume may also define as entry gate of corporate world.
So it is very important to create a good resume that produces better impression.
Some tips that can help to you to makes your resume better for your job.
· Use better quality paper in colors such as white, off-white or neutral if you are submitting hard copy.
· Check the all errors related to typing, spelling and grammar.
· Documents fit on proper page without overcrowding.
· Font size is should be 10-12 and is professional and uniform throughout resume.
· Dates are uniformly formatted throughout the resume.
· Proper use of bold, italics and underlines enhances appearance of your resume.
· Don’t make any mistakes in capitalization, spelling, word usage, grammar and information.
· Margins are no smaller than 0.5 inches.
· All entries should be listed in reverse chronological order (current to oldest).
· Your resume should include one address, contact no. and professional email address.
· If applicable, contact information should include links to a professional portfolio, website or LinkedIn page.
· Each educational institution should include name and location.
· Description should be start with strong skill based verbs.
· Use present tense for ongoing works.
· Use quantitative information, when possible, to prove your results and effectiveness.
· Skills should be listed in a separate category.
· Skills should be identified by type, including computer, language, technical and laboratory skills.
· Proficiency level should be included for languages as native, fluent, proficient or conversant.
· All information should be genuine.